8/6/10

The Chill Of Night - Review




The Chill Of Night By James Hayman

Published: June 22nd 2010 by St. Martin's Minotaur

Details: Hardcover, 352 pages
ISBN13# 9780312532710

U.S. Price: Hardcover $24.99
Find it for less on Amazon

Description:
Lainie Goff thought she had it all. The ambitious young attorney was brilliant, beautiful, and on a fast-track to a lucrative partnership at one of the top firms in New England. But then, one cold night, a dark and ugly secret comes back from Lainie’s past and she pushes things too far. Soon her body is found, frozen solid in sub-zero temperatures at the end of the Portland Fish Pier.

A mentally ill woman named Abby Quinn witnesses the brutal crime. But when she tells what she has seen, nobody will believe her. Not until she too mysteriously disappears.

In The Chill of Night, Portland homicide detective Michael McCabe finds himself fighting memories from his own past as he races to find the killer before another life is lost.




My Thoughts:

This is my first book that I have read from James Hayman. The author has another book that came out before this one called The Cutting and after reading The Chill Of Night I am most definitely going to check out The Cutting. I enjoyed this read from the first page all the way to the last page.

Unfortunately for Lainie Goff her life was cut short one cold night when her body was found frozen in the truck of her abandoned car. Lainie has had a dark nightmarish past but has since become an attorney in a most respected law firm. Thank goodness Lainie has McCabe on this case and he is quickly on his way to solving her murder or is he. There's a witness but theirs a couple of problems with Abby Quinn. Abby is mentally ill and even thou she tries her best to tell the police what happened they don't pay her no mind. She ends up missing and now it up to McCabe to find his witness before the killer gets to her. Can he do it....... you will have to grab the book and read on.

The author James Hayman does an excellent job at bringing these characters from his book alive, from the main character right down to the tiniest character. I enjoyed The Chill Of Night and I would give this book 4 stars if I had to rate it. It kept me reading on to find out who killed Lainie and why. It defiantly stood up to the price of the book and one that I would recommend to my friends. Mater of fact I have already loaned my book out to my good friend to read and then it will be donated to my local small town library where I donate all my great hardcover reads to.


* I have been provided a complimentary copy of The Chill Of Night for review from Pump Up Your Book. By receiving a complimentary copy it in no way obligates me to write a good or bad review. I am an honest reviewer and my reviews are based on my own opinion and only written by me.*

0 comments:

Post a Comment